- Life Insurance
- Disability Protection
- Health Savings Account
- Health Insurance Plans
- Group Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance Program
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Short Term Medical Insurance
- Auto/Home Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Partner Programs
- Additional Recommendations
- Get a Quote
- Request For Information
- What's Your Financial Planning Stage?
- Home Safety Quiz
- Knowing Your Auto Insurance Coverage Can Help You Save Money
- Protect Your Home While on Vacation
- What Every Physician Should Know About Disability Insurance
- Storm Sandy: Lessons Learned for Small Businesses
- Wild Weather Catching Small Businesses Off Guard - How Medical Practices Can Prepare
- Videos and Links
- Request a Quote
- Physician Financial PartnersSM
- 2013 Report on U.S. Physicians' Financial Preparedness
Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
Plans designed to help you make the best out of your retirement years.
Take advantage of the service and reliability offered by CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP), the Medicare-approved Prescription Drug Plan offered by CIGNA* and made available through AMA Insurance Agency.
Affordable CIGNA Medicare Prescription Drug plans
- Personalized customer service.
- Extensive prescription drug coverage.
- Expansive national pharmacy network.
Open enrollment is from October 15th to December 7th. You may qualify for an exception to this enrollment period. Call us to learn more.
Available to residents of all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Available to Medicare-eligible physicians as well as their spouses, parents and grandparents.
You can choose the plan that fits your budget, all backed by a company that has been offering health care coverage for more than 80 years.
Selection of a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) is a personal choice that depends on various individual preferences including your own prescription drug utilization. Although a PDP may offer relief from the high cost of medications, it may not be the best choice for everyone.
If you're considering a PDP, keep the following in mind when exploring the CIGNA plans:
- Coverage - CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) provides extensive drug coverage.*
- Convenience - CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) has a nationwide network of more than 60,000 retail pharmacies.
- Cost - CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) has simple and affordable plans.
- Comfort - CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) is backed by CIGNA's more than 80 years in the health care benefits industry.
CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) Means Choice
Select the plan with the features that are best for you. CIGNA offers co-pay levels based on whether you choose generic or brand name medications. Some specialty drugs have coinsurance.
It's Easy to Enroll or Obtain More Information
Just call CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) at the phone number exclusively for physicians and your Medicare eligible family members to enroll or to receive your free CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Information Guide:
Current members call:
1-800-222-6700 (TTY/TDD users call: 1-800-322-1451)
Prospective members call:
1-800-735-1459 (TTY/TDD users call: 1-800-322-1451)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., local time - 7 days
The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, but not a comprehensive description of available benefits. Additional information is available to assist you in making a decision about your coverage. For more information contact the plan.
*Coverage is subject to limitations and exclusions. Some prescriptions may require prior authorization. Coverage excludes non-Medicare Prescription Drug Plan medications. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/co-insurance may change on January 1, each year. Please contact CIGNA Medicare Rx (PDP) at 1-800-222-6700 (TTY/TDD users call: 1-800-322-1451), Hours 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., local time - 7 days. You must use a network pharmacy to receive plan benefits. We will not pay for our prescriptions if you use an out-of-network pharmacy, except in certain cases. Enrollees must continue to pay their Medicare Part B premium if not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another third party.
CIGNA Medicare Rx is a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan that contracts with the Federal government
AMA Insurance Agency, Inc. has contracted with Connecticut General Life Insurance Company to make this plan available to eligible physicians and their family members. AMA Insurance Agency, Inc. may be compensated based on your enrollment in a plan.
Medicare has neither reviewed, nor endorses, this information.