Physician Disability Insurance
As a physician, you know full well the cost of becoming disabled in America today. Traditional health insurance plans are vital, but can’t solve every problem, particularly when a medical condition keeps you from practicing. Help protect your future with disability insurance customized for physicians.
The frequency and severity of disability is too big a risk to leave to chance. DisabilityPro Own-Specialty Disability Insurance® offered by AMA Insurance covers you as both a physician and a medical specialist. Completely portable own-specialty disability coverage helps protect your family by protecting your income.
This plan contains a preferred definition of disability, called own-specialty. This means you are eligible to receive benefits if you’re unable to perform the duties of your own medical specialty – not just some other job in the medical profession.
Physician Disability Insurance Highlights
- AMA members receive a 35% discount; non-members receive a 15% discount
- Covers you in your own medical specialty
- Up to $15,000 in monthly benefits
- Portable coverage stays with you through your employer changes
- Catastrophic Disability Income Rider can help pay for nursing home and home health care
A greater level of disability protection
You may carry a certain amount of physician disability insurance already. But as your income and responsibilities continue to rise, your current level of protection may not be enough to cover living expenses while you're disabled.
Coverage is available for physicians under age 60 as either primary or supplementary to existing coverage. Get the level of protection you and your family need. For physicians age 60 - 64, contact our Physicians Financial Partners Program for Individual Disability Coverage.
Ways to Apply
Visit our enrollment site to apply onlineApply Online
Apply by Mail
Select your state and download an application to apply by mail.Download
Apply by Phone
Hours: 8 am – 5 pm CT Monday – Friday
Apply by Phone:1-888-627-5902
(8 am – 5 pm CT, M – F)
Physicians Also Purchased
Get up to $4 million in protection at a fixed rate for 10, 15, or 20 years.
Receive up to $600 a day during the hospitalization of you or a family member.
Helpful Resources for Doctors
- Physician disability insurance - not all plans are created equal: Understand what important details to look for in your disability plan.
- The three phases of physician insurance planning - who needs what and when? Determine your insurance needs based on your age.