Insurance & Other Products
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Hospital Income Insurance
- High Limit Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Coast to Coast Vision Card
- Assist America
- Group Insurance for Medical Schools
- Group Insurance for Residency Programs
- Financial Strategies
- NEW! Travel Insurance
- Get a Quote
- Financial Strategies
- Research & Insights
- About Us
Wherever you are in your medical career–medical school, residency, practicing or looking ahead to retirement, we offer an exclusive portfolio of life insurance plans with benefits and rates tailored to physicians. Offered by AMA Insurance and underwritten by The United States Life Insurance Company in the City of New York.
Protect your family in the event of a serious accident with affordable coverage above and beyond your major medical insurance.
Serious accidents can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. And serious accidents, especially if resulting in death or dismemberment, can bring severe financial consequences. Physician-exclusive group rates make the Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plan an affordable supplement to your health protection program.
AMA-Sponsored Premier Accident Plan
- Up to $1,500,000* paid directly to you or your family in the event of a covered loss as a result of a covered accident
- Benefits are paid in addition to any life, health or disability insurance benefits received
- Benefits can be used for any purpose
- All covered family members, including your spouse or domestic partner and children, are covered anywhere in the world
- A member’s or spouse’s accidental death and dismemberment full benefit amount will be reduced by 75% on the date the member or spouse attains age 70.
Benefits are payable for insured losses which occur within 365 days after the covered accident. This plan includes provisions for losses due to exposure to the elements and for an insured's disappearance following a covered accident.
The benefit amount you select is the maximum benefit payable for losses resulting from any one covered accident (excluding any extra protection benefits). Benefits for insured family members are at a fixed percentage of the benefit amount you select.
Please Note: If you insure both your spouse and dependent children, your spouse will be insured for 40% of the benefit amount you select and dependent children will be insured for 10% of your benefit. When you and your spouse are the only insureds, your spouse's benefit increases to 50% of the benefit your select. When you and your child(ren) are the only insureds, the benefit for each child increases to 15% of your benefit.
Visit our enrollment site to enroll onlineEnroll Online
Enroll by Mail
Select your state and download an application to enroll by mail.Download
From the Blog
Information, resources, data and insight on more than just insurance. Connect with us and share your insights on topics like Financial Planning, Retirement, Technology, Social Media, Travel and more.
*Footnote: The benefit amount you select, plus an additional 50%, if death results from injuries as a fare-paying passenger on any form of public conveyance.