Insurance & Other Products
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Office Overhead Expense Insurance
- Hospital Income Insurance
- Group Insurance for Medical Schools
- Group Insurance for Residency Programs
- Financial Strategies
- International Medical Insurance
- Medicare Part D
- Dental Insurance
- Calculate Quote
- Financial Strategies
- Physicians in Focus
- About Us
Medical Student Term Life Insurance
As a medical student, you’re investing heavily in your future. Protect that future with affordable Student Term Life Insurance.
For Protection & Peace of Mind
The AMA-sponsored Medical Student Term Life Insurance Plan offers $50,000 of term life insurance for $20 a year. Double your protection to $100,000 for just $40 a year. This Group Plan is underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company. The Medical Student Term Life Insurance Plan is sponsored by the AMA, so you can be assured this is a genuine offer of quality coverage.
Why Consider Life Insurance?
Medical students graduated in 2018 with a median debt level of $192,000 according to the AAMC annual survey. While the thought of death at your age is a difficult one, you may want to consider a plan to help lift the potential burden your family might face if the worst were to occur.
The Medical Student Term Life Insurance Plan Highlights
- Acceptance is guaranteed for medical students who are under the age of 40 and are full-time students at an approved medical school or an osteopathic medical school
- Benefits are automatically doubled for accidental death - $100,000 or $200,000
- There are no physical exams or health questions
- Your coverage can be extended after graduation regardless of your health at that time
- Spouses or domestic partners are also eligible to apply
- AMA Insurance has served physicians and their families for more than 30 years. Our physician-focused, customized insurance program is designed especially for the way doctors train, work and live, at the best possible rates from top carriers.
The open enrollment period for this plan ends December 31, 2019 for eligible medical students.
New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010
On Policy Form GMR-FACE/G-30610-0
Under Group Policy No. G-30610-0
Students Also Purchased
Enjoy physician-exclusive savings on auto and home insurance.
Get up to $1,000 in monthly benefits for just $41 a year.
Become an AMA Member for only $20
Join the AMA today and save up to 30% on USMLE® test prep, access AMA's exclusive FREIDA Online® (the AMA Residency & Fellowship Database®), gain unlimited digital access to the JAMA Network®, and more.